Afternoon tea is a popular choice of many. Pastries, scones and finger sandwiches served with tea and coffee is the norm. Hotels continually try to outdo each other with variations on the theme; gentleman’s afternoon tea, peculiar afternoon tea, chocolate afternoon tea and art afternoon tea to name but a few. I’ve tried most and like them all.
So what of the folk out there who are not as enamored with the sweet taste of afternoon tea? Well, the clever people over at Bach 16 have created the solution. A tapas afternoon tea served in the standard three-tier but not a cake in sight. Genius.
There’s not a cup of tea in sight with this afternoon tea either. Naturally I started with a glass of Prosecco, which for €25.50 is included in the price. You can also have a glass of wine if you like. You can book yourself in by ringing 01 87 20 215 or to email email@example.com Bach 16 is small cosy wine bar on Bachelors walk where the welcome is warm, the wine is wet and its a perfect spot to while away the afternoon.
Feast your eyes on the assortment of savory goodness included below. From top to bottom tier here is what you’re going to indulge in:
- Seedless grapes with Irish, French and Italian cheeses served with butter scotch and honey
- Bach 16’s signature Bruschetta, thin and crispy toasted bread in hummus, freshly chopped tomato and melted cheese, topped with pesto
- Italian Pate served with cranberry sauce, goat cheese and crispy bread
- Stone baked chicken and chorizo served on a bed of spinach topped with a drizzle of the finest 6 year aged Italian reduction
- Roasted red pepper stuffed with goat cheese, crushed walnuts on a bed of leaf, topped with a drizzle of honey presented in a heart shaped baking tray
- Hummus in olive oil, sprinkled in herbs served with crispy dipping bread & Olives (I could eat their hummus all day long, its sublime)