I spent a week guest blogging with the wonderful folks over at Her Family and you can find my festive favourite’s recipes at the link here (just scroll down passed the bio, or read it!)
Christmas Day is a day for fat pants. Families and friends gather to celebrate the day raising toasts and eating twice their body weight. I know I like to tuck into the full fry for breakfast followed by turkey, ham and all the trimmings for dinner. If that wasn’t enough there is also the usual inhaling of a tin or two of Roses or Celebrations. It’s certainly enough eating and drinking to send you into a food coma for the afternoon.
While my Granny was still alive, lord rest her, she spent weeks leading up to Christmas preparing traditional Christmas puddings for the entire family. Now I must admit that I’m not the biggest fan of Christmas pudding so as an alternative to it I have a delicious recipe for a chocolate orange pudding. Despite the fact it’s made with chocolate it’s quite light and makes a great dessert. It might even keep you awake long enough to watch Home Alone for the billionth time.
Chocolate Orange Pudding
(Recipe makes 2)
- 60g of dark chocolate
- 1 large egg
- Icing Sugar
- Castor Sugar
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat your oven to 190°C OR 170°C for a fan assisted oven.
- Melt the chocolate in bowl over hot water or in the microwave.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Separate the egg and the white and whisk the white with a little castor sugar until it’s fluffy.
- Mix the yolk into the cooled chocolate.
- Add the orange zest and mix through.
- Gently fold in the egg white and pour into the ramekins.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and some orange zest and enjoy while it’s hot.
Note: see steps in pictures below.