Gin has come a long way since the days of robbing a swig of the Gordon’s from the mother’s drink press. Over the last couple of years gin has exploded in popularity and with world gin day having just taken place on Saturday June 11th it would be rude not to put together a gin inspired recipe.
Ingredients: – Makes 4
4 gelatin leaves
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
125 caster sugar
150ml of tonic water (I went with Schweppes)
125ml of gin (I chose Hendricks)
1 lemon and 1 lime thinly sliced
- Add the tonic water and sugar to a saucepan and gently boil for about five minutes. Then remove from the heat. Add the lemon zest and leave it to cool a little, but still warm.
- Next add the lemon juice and gin and stir gently.
- Put the gelatin in a small bowl, cover with water and soak for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze any excess water and stir the gelatin into the warm mixture.
- Pour into glasses or teacups and chill in the fridge until set.
- Served garnished with slices of lemon, limes or cucumber which goes well with Hendricks.