I spotted this idea on Facebook and figured I’d give it a bash and share the results. It looked quick and easy and tasty, and it was. Well done to whoever came up with it. Essentially it’s just a twist on an apple or jam turnover using Nutella.
All you need are a few ingredients:
Jar of Nutella
Puff pastry (Jus-Rol ready-made)
1. Pre heat the oven to 220C (200 fan).
2. I opted to use the Jus-Rol ready-made puff pastry. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous by all means make your own. Let it defrost at room temperature as per package instructions.
3. Sprinkle some flour on the pastry and roll the it out until it’s about a quarter of an inch thick.
4. Cut it into equal squares. When rolled out, mine made six.
5. Line a baking try with baking parchment.
6. Spread the Nutella across the centre of the puff pastry leaving space on all sides.7. Fold over the pastry into triangles and press along the edges with a fork to seal them.
8. Beat the egg gently and glaze each Nutella turnover with it.
9. Cook on the middle shelf in the oven for about 15 minutes. You will know they are done when they puff up and start too turn golden on top.
10. Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy.